About Me

My photo
I’m just a small town girl w/ BIG dreams! I love my family, friends, and my job as an online fitness consultant. Fitness has been a part of my life since I started playing volleyball, basketball and running track. As athletes we train/condition to get faster, and stronger and I fell in love with strength training and exercise. “Go Heavy or Go Home” I went on to play collegiate volleyball at The University of Texas-Austin and then to California State University at Chico and then became an assistant volleyball coach. I also had the chance to work w/ the volleyball players and the strength and conditioning program, which was a great experience and I loved it! I earned a Bachelors in Physical Education at Chico State and I am now a P.E. teacher & coach at a middle school here in Texas. I am also currently working on my Personal Training certificate and looking forward to establishing my own traveling personal training business in the near future. I CAN do anything I put my mind too! I know I have the power to make things happen in my life and helping others realize the same thing in themselves is so rewarding.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Recipe: Honey-Mustard Salmon


Honey-Mustard Salmon

Here's a tasty last-minute dish that's easy to prepare and even easier to clean up (especially if you remember to put aluminum foil in the broiler pan first). Just 7 minutes in the oven, and voilà!
  • 4 salmon fillets, about 6 oz. each, with skin
  • 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
  • Salt and pepper (to taste)
  • Small bowl

Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix together mustard, honey, salt, and pepper with a fork. 
Place salmon skin-side down on broiler pan and brush with honey-mustard mixture. 
Broil about 5 to 7 inches from heat source for about 7 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. 
Serves 4.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 to 8 minutes

Nutritional Info: Per serving
Calories:259
Protein: 40 g
Fiber: >1 g
Carbs: 4 g
Fat Total: 8 g
Sat.Fat: 2 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Followers