About Me

My photo
I’m just a small town girl w/ BIG dreams! I love my family, friends, and my job as an online fitness consultant. Fitness has been a part of my life since I started playing volleyball, basketball and running track. As athletes we train/condition to get faster, and stronger and I fell in love with strength training and exercise. “Go Heavy or Go Home” I went on to play collegiate volleyball at The University of Texas-Austin and then to California State University at Chico and then became an assistant volleyball coach. I also had the chance to work w/ the volleyball players and the strength and conditioning program, which was a great experience and I loved it! I earned a Bachelors in Physical Education at Chico State and I am now a P.E. teacher & coach at a middle school here in Texas. I am also currently working on my Personal Training certificate and looking forward to establishing my own traveling personal training business in the near future. I CAN do anything I put my mind too! I know I have the power to make things happen in my life and helping others realize the same thing in themselves is so rewarding.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Recipe: Baked Trout Olé!

Recipe: Baked Trout Olé!

Baked Trout

Want mega-protein with mega-flavor? Here's a quick and easy way to prepare trout (or any favorite fish) in zesty, citrusy, south-of-the-border-y style. ¡Olé!
  • 2 lbs. trout (or any kind of fish) fillet, cut into 6 pieces
  • Juice of 2 limes (about 3 Tbsp. juice)
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. crushed dried red pepper (optional)
  • Cooking spray
  • Baking dish
  • Medium bowl


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rinse fish fillets and pat dry. Lightly coat bottom of baking
dish with nonstick cooking spray and place fish in single layer in bottom of dish. In a
medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients together, then spread evenly over fish pieces.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Serves 6.)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes

Nutritional Info: Per Serving

Calories: 233
Protein: 31 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Carbs: 3 grams
Fat Total:7 Grams
Saturated Fat: 1 gram



Team Beachbody Newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Followers